Thursday, July 24, 2008

No, I'm not (quite) dead

I say not quite dead because all week I've been at band camp from 8 to 5 every day. No knitty pictures because I've barely had time to think let alone knit. And no pictures of camp because I've been marching and twirling all day everyday in the hot 103 degree Mississippi heat. (*pout* I now have a farmer tan!) I have the weekend off then we go to another week of camp only overnight and in a different location. Our new band director says it will be half work and half fun/social stuff. Considering the wonderfully kind man gives us two hour lunch breaks and usually lets us out at least an hour early. I tend to believe him. *fingers cross*

Also I'm going to have to just chop my feet off they are giving me so much trouble. I have blisters on the back of each heel and four or five on the side of one foot (NO idea how I managed that) and three cuts on my ankle simply because, well, I guess I just need remedial shaving lessons.

This next part is a rant. I'm tired and grumpy from camp and I got my class schedule in the mail today, so I'm ranting. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

While I'm still mad about it let me just mention reason #4,328 of Why I Hate My School: They keep changing the dates of things. They have had on the website and hard copy of the events calender that school started the 11th. And I get my class schedule and they changed it to the 8th!! Not to mention that when my Latin teacher left the school the Principle/Councilor/Dean's wife CALLED ME to tell me and ask what I wanted that period instead. I told that I absolutely WOULD NOT take Spanish.

"You have to have 2 years of a foreign language to graduate. I don't want you to have to cram your last two years."

"This is only my freshman year I have three more years to take a foreign language" thinking: I'll just take French or Latin when I change schools next year

The Evil Overlord of Darkness said fine and told me she would give me something else.
She would give me anything else. Art class. I like art. I can draw. Give me art! But I get my schedule and what do I have 7th period. SPANISH. I had to actually hear the Dragon Lady's voice during my summer break and I STILL get Spanish!! (Oh-flippin'-well I'm going up there and getting it changed and she can just deal with it!!!)
*hiss hiss* *spit spit*

1 comment:

Sisterly Knits said...

I HATE learning spanish! However, there is a website that makes learning spanish fun: www.livemocha.com

If you join, let me know and we can practise together.