Friday, January 11, 2008

The Forum Story

It all started several months ago when Jesse, Wendy and I were all on the phone. Wendy mentions making a forum for us and all our friends to talk on because no one seems to have the same IM/phone schedule.

fast forward to last week.

I'm checking the Risembool Ranger boards, and it hits me "This isn't 'their own board'... its from a sight! Didn't Wendy say something about a forum... I wonder if this will work? I'll have to send her the link...."

So I did and it started the whole forum thing over again. Apparently I'm the only one who even remembers her mentioning it. So Wendy and I decide that we are going to do it ourselves and then present it to the rest of our friends around Valentines day.

So while we work out the details (*cough*like what to name it) I made a demo forum to decide if we even like the site! We had trouble naming that one too.. "Just make something up its just the demo!" was all the advice Wendy had.. So, I named it after the song I was listening to Oh My Juliet by LM.C (only the greatest band on earth). It's actually not a bad name choice since Wendy and I are hopeless LM.C fangirls....

The point of this WHOLE story is that I decided the demo needed a banner... and I had never tried photoshop before.... I came up with this!

(Want my theory as to why Maya has weird faces in almost every picture he's in? I like to think its because Aiji refuses to have any expression at all, and Maya has to show emotion for both of them...)

Anyway, I'm totally proud of my first photoshop thingummie!

Knitting update for all of you who read through all that:

Knee socks:
There would be more to report here, but I'm to lazy to figure up my -Es... probably do that this weekend
And well, the baby blanket? well, we shan't talk about that...

1 comment:

AJ said...

Wow! Nice socks! They seem to be coming along well.