Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Knitter

Ok. First I'll say what I meant to say in the last post:

The clear shoes are comfy!! The flappy thing under the laces (very technical term there) takes a bit of getting used to, but other than that perfect! I love them so incredibly much!

And AJ asked how I got Bella to sit still for a picture with that hat. Well, I'm not sure if all kittys do this, but both of mine did. When I put it on them... It like, sorta paralyzed them or something. I don't get it, but they just wouldn't move, at all. I tried to move one of them (get them to pose better) and it was like they were a statue. I picked her up completely and she stayed in exactly the same position. It was really weird. But after a minute or two they snapped out of it and ran off.

I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, so there won't be any posted, but here's what I did New Year's eve!

Well, Kaiti and Sara came over and shot fireworks!



We were having a Harry Potter wand battle with the sparklers here. There's a better picture of us with the sparklers, but I had a really weird almost demented looking smile on my face.... *recycle bin*



There we are just after midnight!
See us in out little hats?
Yeah we haven't undecorated Christmas yet, laziness mostly...





And I taught Sara to knit!!! I think she got a little annoyed with all the pictures I took of her and her new talent. I've made a new knitter! *wipes tear*


In this picture she is pointing to her slipped stitch. She was SO proud that she only messed up once in all that!

And it's officially 2008 so I can start the ribbed sock for the 2008 sock KAL I'm in on ravelry! I'll put up pictures and the patter/yarn later. But of course I have to meet my 10 rows of baby blanket a day before I can work on it. That thing is pure evil. Last night I had a nightmare about it. A giant half knit baby blanket chasing me through a yarn shop trying to poke me with its needles. Well, that's what I get fore watching Blood: The Last Vampire before I got to bed. *sigh*

Happy New Year to you all!

4 comments:

Sisterly Knits said...

Bwahaha!! xD I loved the pictures, and congrats on teaching a friend to knit. I can't believe you agreed to knit a blanket. D< Gawd, she'd better pay you a good sum.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I think the flappy thing under the laces is called a tongue, thoughI'm not really sure why. :P

Anonymous said...

I love teaching people to knit! I'm teaching my English teacher right now. :)

I saw your link on Ravelry; will you maybe put my blog in your links? I put yours in mine. :)

www.knitapickle.wordpress.com

AJ said...

It's awesome that you taught your friend to knit! One of my resolutions is to spread my crafty goodness to at least one person.

Oh, yeah, and thanks for answering my question about your cats. Maybe it was some kind of sensor in their brains that made them paralyzed. It's just weird.