Sunday, June 29, 2008

Home again

NYC was wonderful! The first day we were we just walked around and looked around. We saw Times Square, Tiffany's and the theater where we would see The Phantom of the Opera on Sunday! I don't remember what day we did everything, but we saw the Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty and some other touristy things. (There are so many pictures I've decided to do them all in one post, possibly a series of posts) But then we got a phone call that my grandmother passed so we rushed home. (Everyone keeps saying "It wasn't really a shock" but I sure as hell wasn't expecting it....excuse me...) *sigh* Now that the funeral is over I'm alright but for a while I would start crying if anyone hugged me. So my aunts are in town to go through all the stuff in her house. We go over to help every now and then but the two aunts have such polar opposite personalities that it's unbearable to be around the arguing. One wants to go through all of it quickly and in an organized manner, while the other wants to take her time and talk about the memories attached to each item.

My dad is one of nine children.... Watching them try to go through all the stuff and decide who gets what has only made me that much gladder to be an only child!!! (^_~)

By the way, Kaya its a shame I didn't see your comment before I left! It would have been awesome to meet up in a yarn shop!!! Maybe next time.

No comments: