Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm finally back!

Well, long time no post! (Sorry this is gonna be a long one!)

Everyone excuse the grammar/spelling/general errors in this post. I'm about to fall asleep sitting straight up.

I took the blog down for a while because, at first, I was busy, then I didn't have anything to say, then when I had something to say I didn't want to talk about it... but now it is back up! I don't know if anyone is still reading or if all of you have given me up for dead. I guess I knew when I took it down that I would eventually come back to it because I only made it private instead of deleting the whole thing. That good ole subconscious for ya! Anyway it seems like as soon as I set it to private.. something happened.... I GOT A LIFE!!! Well, blog-able things started happening anyway. I'm not going to talk about any of it now because I'm hot, sweaty, tired, sleepy, and just got home. So as soon as I finish this I'm going to go take a shower and go to bed!

I think I let the blog go because
#1 I was lazy and not doing anything blog-worthy
#2 I was pressuring myself to post. So in order for that not to happen again there will be some changes in my blog.

Change #1 I'll post even if I really have nothing to say. I may talk one day about knitting, one day about guard, one day about an anime I saw the other day. Whatever! I think before I was trying to limit myself mostly to knitting since most of my readers were from Ravelry, but not anymore. If you want to read it you can if and you don't, then don't it's really not my job to try to make every one happy. It's my blog and I should talk about whatever I want.

Change #2 I should post at least once a week. That can be my goal but if I don't who cares? If I post more than that who cares? I think this was my main problem. I would get so wrapped up with "I should post. But I have nothing to say. So I can't post. But I should. But its been 3 weeks since I posted. How will I explain my absence? That I was lazy?" YES! I am lazy. It might been a couple weeks. And I shouldn't have to explain why I didn't.

So that's it. I just read over that and noticed that it sounds like I'm complaining that people were like "Where are you?" or "Where is the knitting? Who cares about anime!". No one has said anything like that. All of the things I've said were things I was thinking. I realize I was the one putting the pressure on myself and that's what I'm trying to stop by making those changes.

And thank you Kaya (ravelry link) for sending me the message that gave me the push to do what I've been thinking about doing for a while!

1 comment:

Sisterly Knits said...

Glad your back! Looking forward to seeing your yarny adventures. :D

Sorry for the late comment, I didn't forget about you. The weeks been crazy. :)

And your welcome. ^_^