Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ka-BOOM

The people (if there are any) who read this blog should feel lucky. I started this blog just days before something big happened... well big for ME.

We were in the gym for a pep rally yesterday, when just as we all were leaving we notice everyone turning around. We, who weren't at the front of the line and had no idea what was going, figured that, because it was raining, they were having us go out the back way up to the school under the covered sidewalk. But as we are filing through we notice people sitting back down and so, we do too. Dr. Prayther tell us that there has been a "prank call" and that they have to check something out. We look at each other quizzically. It was just me, Ashley, and Kaiti, because Wendy and Jesse are in the band. (Ashley and I both hate each other, know the other hates us, but basically ignore it.) Then Dr. Prayther proceeds to tell us

"Even though its a school rule I am SURE that no one in here has their cell phones turned off and it is VERRRRY important that they all get turned off NOT on silent NOW."

That is when we knew there was something wrong. Ashley turns and asks me what I think it is and I tell her something like "this may be being a little dramatic and over the top, but even with all my CSI watching the only reason that I can come up with where the cell phones would matter is if.... it were a bomb."

DUHN DUHN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHNNNN.

They continue trying to entertain the 6-12th grades in the gym while we see teacher running around whispering to each other and running out and coming back in.

Finally we get let out a million years later and are told for the High school to go STRAIGHT to 2nd period and for the Middle school to head STRAIGHT for break, no detours.

Later they finally tell us what is going on. Apparently someone called up to the school and told them that there was a bomb and that they needed to check it out yak yak yak. and they did.

Get this.... they had all the TEACHERS check out their own room. With the exception of the science teachers... the others wouldn't know a bomb if it bit them in the butt.

So for the whole rest of the day every time the bell rang everyone jumped and then sighed when we realized it was just to change classes.

In reality most likely some idiot forgot to study for a test and decided it would be funny to scare the bejeezuz out of all 350 middle and high school students.

Later Wendy and Jesse were like "whats the big deal" and everything. They said that at their old schools a bomb threat was no big deal. Those of us who have been going to Hillcrest forever and a year enlightened them to the fact that nothing happens at Hillcrest, good, bad, or otherwise, and that yes to us a bomb threat was a VERY big deal! And when Jesse kept laughing at me when I would jump at the bells I mentioned that She is to squeamish to handle CSI and I cant handle bomb threats, and I think I win. That shut her up about it.

I would simply LOVE to know who called that in! I would loving telling them what I think of it!

1 comment:

Deerylourocks said...

Katherine, I love your story!!!! I still don't think it is such a big deal.....