Saturday, December 22, 2007

3 days till Christmas!!!

I'm so excited I could die!

I saw the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie yesterday with my mom, her friend, and her triplet 10year old boys. They ARE Alvin and the chipmunks... Give them the color coordinated sweaters and we'd have it. The movie was great! (We would already have the sound track if everywhere wasn't sold out.) I don't know what was funnier, the movie or the little boy sitting in front of me that just HOWLED with laughter at the smallest joke. It was so fun to watch him! And he would dance and clap, and we thought "the movie needs to hurry up and end or this little guy is gonna wet himself!"

Next year I will be able to drive. So next year I can have dad hand me a credit card and go do mom's Christmas shopping without the clueless dad and before the weekend before Christmas.

This is totally ridiculous. Every year he waits till the last minute to drag me out into that mass of humanity, the weekend before Christmas. (I see absolutely no logic and/or common sense in that one.)

As a reward for being dragged into the overly crowed mall last night, (and again today because we didn't finish) even though we were shopping for mom, I allowed myself to get a Naruto poster, and some strawberry pocky (which is delicious by the way). But today we will have to go back to the mall, and to our LYS to get [censored for Christmas surprise].

The trafic alone will take hours, but I think I will be able to handle it. As long as I have my book, my iPod, my cellphone, and knitting. The Saturday before Christmas... wow.. this will be interesting... wish me luck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have to go out in the crowds. Good idea to censor for Christmas surprise...Maybe he'll take you somewhere good for lunch?

Merry Christmas!

Crafty Lulu said...

Glad to hear the movie was good. The boyfriend and I were thinking about seeing it, so now I finally have a recommendation to go off of.

Anonymous said...

I want to the Alvin and the chipmunks movie...hehe. My dad does that too...this year I told him what to buy and sent him to the stores. HAHA!! He did okay...I think my mom will return some of it but oh well. She doesn't mind. I bought the present my brother and I are getting her a lot earlier. (I can drive...it makes life wayyyyyy easier.)

Sisterly Knits said...

Ohhhh! I want to see that movie. My parents were JUST talking about that one hour ago. I think we definately will see it. I hope it has some catchy tunes. Ehm...-cough- thats the only reason I love Alvin and the Chimps. :D

Unknown said...

ooh I want to see alvin sooo bad. I'm a huge fan of the cartoons. lol My mom refuses to go near the mall anywhere near the holidays

Anonymous said...

Haha...thanks for the comment! It was a person from my LYS. Yeah, I agree. thanks!!